To track custom metrics with WP Total Track and Google Analytics, you need to:
- set up a custom metric in Google Analytics
- enter the index number of the metric that you set up in WP Total Track settings panel.
Here’s how you can do that.
In order to set up custom metrics in Google Analytics:
- Log in to your Google Analytics account and go to “Admin” section (1)
- Choose the account with your website (2)
- Choose Property with your website (3)
- Click “Custom dimensions” (4) and “Custom metrics” (5)
- On the next page you need to click “New Custom Metric” button
- Next, you need to give it a name, choose its scope and formatting type. The scope and formatting type that you need to choose in the option description in WP Total Track settings panel.
- After you save the settings, return to the previous page and look at the “Index” in the table. This is the value you need to enter in you WP Total Track settings panel.