This short guide will show you how to get Google Ads tag ID and conversion ID. They are required to track conversions that take place on your site.
Attention! This guide is intended to be used to configure Google Ads in Full Picture plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce. If you are not using it, please fill in the form in step #5 according to your needs.
- Log in to your Google Ads dashboard
2. From the top menu click a “wrench” icon and then “conversions”
3. Next, click a blue “+” icon to add a conversion action
4. On the next page click “Website”
5. Next you will see a form. Fill these fields:
- Category – choose “purchase” if you want to track purchases in WooCommerce or via Full Picture’s custom event codes
- Conversion name – write a descriptive name
- Value – choose “different values for each conversion” if you want to track purchases in WooCommerce. Choose the most appropriate of 3 options to track conversions with FP’s custom event codes.
- Count – choose “every“
- Other options – Do not change them unless you know what you are doing
6. Save settings and choose “Install the tag yourself“
7. Copy 2 values:
- In the “Global site tag” field copy the highlighted value. It should look similar to “AW-123456789”
- In the “Event snippet” field copy the highlighted value (only the part after “/”)
The first value is your Google Ads tag ID. The second one is your conversion ID.
Paste them in the appropriate fields in your Full Picture’s settings fields to start using Google Ads on your site.